CPFS credentials are valid for two years, and individuals are able to apply for renewal in the months prior to their certification expiration date.
What is required for renewal?
In order to renew the CPFS credential, individuals must:
- Complete 30 hours of continuing education in the last two years*
- 6 hours of ethics training must be taken, and can be included within the overall 30 hours of continuing education hours
- Document continuing education hours and verification documentation in the online application system
- Pay the $200 renewal fee through the online application system
*Please note, all continuing education hours must have occurred within the two years between the certification date (or previous renewal date) and the date of expiration. For example, if the CPFS certificate was earned in June 2017, then all continuing education hours must have been earned before June 2019.
What is the re-certification process?
- Add trainings and verification documentation to the online application system https://app.certemy.com
- Pay the renewal fee through the online application system
- The CPFS Certification Board will review the continuing education hours to ensure they represent the IC&RC domains
- If training hours are approved, the certification date will be extended for two additional years and an updated electronic certificate will be emailed.
- If training hours are not approved, the CPFS Certification Board will be in contact with additional information.
When can the re-certification process be started?
Individuals can add continuing education trainings to the online application system at any time within the two years the certification is valid.
If the re-certification requirements are met prior to the expiration date, the candidate can undergo the re-certification review by the CPFS Certification Board. Renewal dates will be based on the initial certification date, and will be extended for two years. Being reviewed by the CPFS Certification Board 3 months prior to the expiration date will not impact or shorten the certification period, as renewal will be based on the original certification date.
Apply for Renewal at:
Please note, this link will only work for those applying for renewals with an original certification date before September 2018.