DOCUMENTS/ITEMS NEEDED TO PREPARE FOR THE APPLICATION
|√ Formal Education Information – High School degree/GED or higher
- Name of institution
- Date of graduation
- Electronic copy of diploma to upload
√ 60 training hours specific to the attached IC&RC domains, including peer/family specialist specific trainings.
- Name of training (s)
- Name of organization providing the training (this will be your source)
- Dates of training
- Hours completed
- Hours applied to each IC&RC domain
- For each training you will need to upload the following: Certificate of completion with name of training and dates attended, there are other methods of proving that you have attended a training if you don’t have the certificate
√ 500 hours of volunteer or paid work experience specific to the IC&RC domains over at least 6 months
- Name of Organization (s) for each timeframe
- Number of hours completed in each domain
- These hours will be verified in the supervision section of the application
√ 25 hours of supervision specific to the domains
- Name of Organization (s) for each timeframe – should correspond to work experience
- Number of hours of group and /or hours of individual supervision completed for each domain
- Name of supervisor, email, phone # for each timeframe , once you have entered an email address, an email will be sent to your supervisor to verify both your experience and supervision
√ Please provide a brief explanation of your Lived Experience, that has prepared you for you role as a Peer and Family Specialist, in the following manner:
- Please describe in a general way your historical experience, without graphic or excessive explanation regarding the details of those experiences.
- Please share what you do to manage your own personal recovery.
- Please explain how you use your Lived Experience to assist others in your Peer role.
- Please limit your Lived Experience narrative to 250 words or less.
√ Review and sign the Code of Ethics within the application system. A copy of the Code of Ethics can be found here.
Apply now at:
Individuals in the process of renewing their credential should contact COPACert@gmail.com for access to the Certemy system.